Diversity Europe is a non-profit association. It originated from discussions among staff members from various EU institutions and bodies.
We collectively agreed and decided to step up and, with a single voice, to act as a credible interlocutor to improve staff from ethnic or racial minorities’ current representation in all staff level within the “Institutions”. By doing so, Diversité Europe aspires to help Europe achieve its objective to become a Union of Equality.
The association aims to
Support EU Institutions staff members victim of racism, discrimination or harassment in their work place linked to their race, ethnicity or religious convictions.
- Contribute to EU anti-discrimination and anti-racism policies and action in Europe
- Provide a safe space for staff from ethnic or racial minorities to share their experiences and voice their concerns
- Provide educational material to combat unconscious biases
- Promote and advocate for their inclusion at all career levels in the EU institutions and bodies
- Contribute to promoting the attractiveness of the EU Institution and bodies as working place for all, including people from ethnic and racial minorities
The association adheres to European values as expressed in the treaty of the European Union, the charter of EU fundamental rights including pluralism, diversity and non-discrimination.